Last week I spent the majority of my time in the great state of North Carolina. Looking to get away from the house for a bit I drove down two Sundays ago to stay with my cousin Maggie and her husband George. Even though they live in a crazy little suburb in between Greensboro and Chapel Hill, I really, really love their house. We hung out, drank lots of Red Velvet wine (yum) and watched the Kardashian wedding extravaganza.
Monday I drove over to my lovely Alma matter and got a top of the line tour from the one and only Erin. So many things have changed there! I saw her really impressive office overlooking the football fields, then we walked to the new Greek courts, saw the completed business school/dorm complex on the old intramural fields, passed my old home-away-from home, McEwen, and ended up at our new two story bookstore next to Acorn. We rode on Alamance County's first ever escalator. It was impressive. Good job Elon.
Tuesday morning I headed back to the real world for a couple interviews. As I am writing this now I am not too positive any of those are going to pan out, but wouldn't it be lovely if they did? Cross your fingers folks!!
Thursday night my mom and I headed through tornado warnings and massive D.C. traffic to get back to cousin's. On Friday after we collected Maggie we drove down to Wrightsville Beach to celebrate one of my other 30+ cousins' marriage. Joe and his wife Kathryn got married on the lawn of a beach front hotel in Wrightsville. They were absolutely glowing ... so in love. I hardly know them but I was tearing up at the ceremony. Don't you just love love? My family and I rented a house for the weekend where I think we had 19 people sleeping there? It was sort of fabulous.
Sunday morning the fun had to come to an end and my mom and I drove back to Maryland. Thank you North Carolina for treating us so well. Can't wait to see you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment