Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer Travel: Cape Cod


Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope most of you are lucky enough to have today off and have something fun planned. As summer unofficially comes to a close today (yeah right, its still fricken hot), I would like to wrap up my summer travel adventures with a recap of my trip to the Cape. 



Zach's grandparents, who continue to amaze me every day with their awesomeness, rented a house in Falmouth, MA (Cape Cod) for the month of August. I have never been, so I immediately invited my self, but so did a few other family members, and the first week in August was a little family get-together. Zach and I left on a Friday night after work and spent the night in Greenwich, Connecticut. His cousin Molly has the most adorable, little apartment on top of a retail store on Greenwich Avenue. Greenwich Avenue is store after store of top-of-the-line shops (Vineyard Vines, Polo, Tory Burch, Kate Spade ...) and adorable restaurants. Molly used to accessories Ralph Lauren retail stores, so her apartment was decorated impeccably in every nook and cranny. Saturday morning we all had a crepe breakfast at one of the restaurants on the Avenue and then Molly took us on a little tour of the city. Very beautiful, and very rich.

As we continued our travels, we got to the Cape in time for a lobster feast on the porch of Maw Maw & Pops beautiful rented house. Falmouth is the definition of quaint to me. A little main street runs through town. Beautiful cape cod houses everywhere, with yards full of hydrangias. No one has AC, because the high never beats 80. And the beach was less than a mile away. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I had Maine lobster, and it was delicous. Although I probably prefer crab, lobster is a whole hell of a lot easier to get out of its shell. Two cracks and you have lobster meat for days! 

Over the next few days we experienced Cape Cod living to the fullest. We did some beach time and caught up on our tans. We took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and then a tragically long bus tour around the island. We dined on lobster and chowder (chowdah to the locals), and Zach and I went on beautiful morning runs through Falmouth. It was so relaxing. I have never really come back from a vacation before and been a little depressed that it was over, but when I got off the metro the morning after vacation to all the hustle and the boom, I was very sad I wasn't still on the Cape. It was a wonderful time, thanks to all the family for the wonderful hospitality. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am so glad you had such a wonderful Cape vacation! A true New England gem!!

    ReplyDelete