Still exhausted from this weekend, but boy it was great.
Friday I arrived at the house my aunts had pitched in to rent for MuuMuu's 90th birthday weekend celebration. Located in Topsail Beach, NC, this place was amazing! Four stories high, the house had two great decks, a pool, hot tub, plenty of beds, and personal access to a beautiful beach. You could tell the Muu was having such a great time, a smile never left her face. I got to catch up with a lot of my family I haven't seen in awhile, even though I was only there for a short time. And the sunset ... get out of here - just gorgeous.
Saturday I flew back to D.C. to get home in time to celebrate Zach's 30th. He hates surprises, so I made sure to tell him something was happening, and he was a pretty good sport about it. About 30 minutes before we were heading out for dinner, there was a knock on the door, and surprise - it was his cousin/best man from NC! It worked out perfectly. We then headed to diner, Lauriol Plaza, where a bunch of his friends joined us. My cousin Drew helped me design 30th birthday cozies, which I stuffed with a cookie for each guest. It really was the a perfect little group. After fajitas and margaritas we walked up the street to another bar to close out the night.
On Sunday, his actual birthday, he blew out candles on his cookie dough ice cream pie, and we both were pretty lazy. A big weekend full of love :)


Love the koozies!!
ReplyDelete