Zach and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last weekend. No longer newlyweds ... when did that happen?! It seems like yesterday and yet a million years ago that we got married in that absolutely perfect weekend in November. Our first year of marriage was fantastic, hard, surprising, and wonderful. I am still every day thankful that I have started this family with Zach, my favorite un-seperateable pair to be a part of.
Our celebration started Saturday night as soon as Zach got out of class. We drove to Old Town, where our wedding reception was held, and checked into the Westin for a little staycation. Fun fact, this Westin has the best hot-tub I have ever been in. Complete perfection, and now I am thinking of ways to sneak in throughout the year - it was that great. After some hot-tub time we started walking down King Street, the main street with plenty of shops and restaurants that ends in Alexandria's waterfront. We found a place to dine and enjoyed steaks and a nice bottle of wine. Dessert was a fried snickers bar ... no complaints here.
Sunday, our actual anniversary we took another stroll along King Street and took a walk UP memory lane by going to the top of the steps of the Masonic Memorial (our reception venue). We had a moment and took in the stunning beauty of fall in VA and DC. I loved being able to return there and reflect on the year we had. After we checked out of the Westin and picked up Riley, I tried to recreate our wedding meal: quesadillas, mash potato martinis, and wedding cake. Yum. We toasted with our one year anniversary bottle of champagne my bridesmaids gave me and opened the wishes that were left to us by our family and friends at my bridal shower last year. It was incredible to read the well wishes from our loved ones and integrate them in to our special day.
So overall, yes it was a perfect anniversary. Here's to forever more hon!





Happy Anniversary Zach & Sooze!!! Such a fun wedding!
ReplyDelete