Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone! It seemed like I had a lot more time than I usually do off this holiday season, but it seems like the time went 10 times fast than usual. 


Zach and I spent Christmas Day at my parents with our entire family. My dad dressed up like Santa and my nephew was like who is this strange man?? He’s obsessed with my dad too, so he was definitely fooled. We made breakfast tacos for everyone. My family was confused at first by the concept, but seemed to be a fan once all was said and done. 


We spent the week of New Year’s with Zach’s family in Texas. I was very aware that this was going to be my last flight with out a baby, so I popped open the bag of peanut butter m&m’s, put my seat back, and tried to take in every stress free moment. Someone must have known too, because we were able to score our own free row (how great is that!). 



New Year’s Eve we became Godparents to my adorable niece. She is a straight up Cabbage Patch doll … love her! We were honored obviously, and are so excited to see her grow up. Gracie girl also got spoiled again with lots of cute presents.



That Friday we experience what The Huffington Post called The Best BBQ in the Nation – Pecan Lodge. This is a restaurant in the middle of Deep Ellum, an up and coming neighborhood in Dallas. We dropped his dad of 15 minutes before the restaurant opened and there was already a line. We arrived an hour later and he had just reached the counter to order. All the hype was well worth it – it was the best BBQ I have ever had. My chopped brisket sandwich was to die for. If you are ever in Dallas, I would highly recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment