Hi everyone! It has certainly been awhile. After a
crazy 11 weeks, I am finally starting to feel like I am coming up for air. Gracie
is home from the hospital, we are settled into our condo, and Zach is a couple
weeks into his new job. We have finally reached our new “normal.”
Throughout my pregnancy I always had the mind set that
having a baby would be hard. I wanted to manage expectations so I wasn’t too
surprised when our little girl finally came. Lol boy was I right! My life revolves
around a three hour time clock. Feed Gracie, hold her, pump, then either do a
bunch of to-dos while Gracie sleeps or bounce around with her if she is not
feeling the whole sleep time. Before you know it the clock starts again and I
repeat. She is obviously the most adorable baby I have ever seen (she is a
spitting image of me, how could she not be ;) ?). She has started to follow me
with her eyes and that just melts my heart. She is also an extremely fussy
baby. This A. breaks my heart because all I want to do is make her feel better
and B. makes me feel inadequate that I can’t. This is where I listen to all my
mom friends and keep the mantra #itgetsbetter.
So here we are in our new normal and I have started to feel
like I am starting to grasp this new life as a stay-at-home Dallas momma. I had
a good week of getting in a run before Zach leaves for work. This is a huge
factor in how I feel the rest of the day, and I am glad I am getting better at
it. I’ve started to work on a few initiatives to help expand Cheers with Love,
and have looked into a few opportunities where Gracie and I can get out and
meet new moms and babies. It will be a slow process but I am excited to see
where this new life will take me, Zach and our adorable baby girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment