
Its that time of year again . . . Restaurant Week! Restaurant Week is one of my favorite DC events all year (well actually twice a year). This is largely to do with my love of eating, but I also like to pretend I am cool and try out new restaurants in the city. For those who don't know RW's big claim to fame is 3 course lunches and dinners for $20.10, and $35.10 respectively. This actually turns out to be a great deal for lunches, but you probably spend more on dinner than if you went any other week.
Well this year, I made a reservation at Founding Farmers; I had heard great things about it, and it is 2 blocks from my new office. Their claim to fame is using farm fresh materials, making everything from scratch. Zach picked me up from work and we walked over for our reservation. We sit down, and start looking over the delicious menu, but I start to realize something is missing.
After speaking with our waiter, it turns out Founding Farmers is not participating in Restaurant Week. Womp, Womp. I guess I need to read the fine print better. It didn't matter though because we both had amazing meals! We split the Cracked Black Pepper Wings to start. The Asian style wings, covered in soy sauce, were delicious! After prolonged deliberation, I went with Southern Fried Chicken. The chicken came with macaroni and cheese, broccoli and waffles! Needless to say, I did not get through the whole meal. Zach chose the Chile Burger. Simple, but soo good.
Although we didn't take advantage of any deals, we left very stuffed and happy. The wings alone are worth a second visit. I would put Founding Farmers on your must eat list.
No comments:
Post a Comment