So I knew nothing about St. Louis before I went there. I still cannot point it out on a map (I think it is in the middle somewhere). However, I did learn a few interesting ditties. Did you know that there was an actual Saint Louis? The city also has a park larger than Central Park in New York. It’s quite impressive. Paige and her boyfriend Jack took us on a tour. We admired the statue of St. Louis, and then traveled into the Zoo where we got up close with penguins, bears, and leopards. The penguins tried to get a little too personal with us, but that story is a little gross for this blog.
The one thing I did know about St. Louis was the Arch. After taking a tour of the Anheuser Busch Factory (and two free samples later,) I had enough courage to confront my claustrophobia and make it to the top of the Arch with the rest of my group. For those who do not know, to get to the top of the Arch, you board a small space capsule, almost out of Men in Black, with four other people and embark on a 4.5-minute elevator ride to the top. On a windy day, the Arch can move up to nine inches. Thankfully, it was a calm day!
Miss you girls already!
No comments:
Post a Comment