Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pentagon and Crystal City

The twenties is a decade of change, transition and uncertainty. Being half way through my twenties now, I could say one of the most reoccuring transition in this decade has been MOVING. Move dorms in college, move to dc, move into new apartment, move in to new apartment, move into new apartment . . . this has happened nearly every year for too long than I want to admit.

With my lease expiration looming in the future, I came to the decision that I was going find an apartment for myself. It was not an easy decision. Not only is it going to cost a whole lot more money, but there is nothing like sitting on the couch with the girls eating ice cream while watching Biggest Loser. But when it comes down to it, I really think its time, and I am excited to have a space that is "mine".

So this Sunday, Zach and I headed out to find our perfect apartments (Zach has wanted to make the move for awhile, and finally the time was right). Apartment shopping in the DC area is like going through the five stages of grief. Denial - No this apartment can't possibly cost this much. Anger - Are you serious? You're apartement doesn't even have washer and dryer! Bargaining - So If I sign the lease now, can I get 2 month free rent? Depression - Oh, my goodness I am never going to find the right apartment. Acceptance - Okay, if I stop eating out so much, and cut out my target trips, maybe I can afford this apartment.

We toured the good. We toured the bad. We toured the complex that smelled like a cat filled pool hall. But in the end, our last complex we arrived at, Zach found his golden deal. Yay!! Paper work is steal being worked on for me. So stay tuned for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment