Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Orlando


Sorry for the temporary absence. On St. Patrick’s Day I headed down to Orlando, Florida for my first big meeting with my new job. After asking questions for the past couple of months, and getting back the answer “You just have to be there”, I was excited to get down to the meeting and figure everything out. Planning meetings for lawyers certainly has some perks. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria, and it was gorgeous. I walked into my room and was greeted with a complimentary bottle of wine, and a view of the golf course. But my biggest perk of the trip had to be the meeting itself. It actually went very smoothly. The attendees were easy going, only a couple of divas in the bunch, and the meeting sessions went off with out a hitch. The only mere complication came when our President accidentally hit his head at our Friday Luau and had to get checked by the paramedics. By the end of the night he was asking to see the hula girls, so he was just fine. I am now much more confident in my self at this job, so all in all Orlando was a success. Hopefully by the time the next meeting comes around I will be much more relaxed, and it will go even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment