
I love going to see the Nats. I mean I just love it. There is nothing better than going to an amazing stadium, with gorgeous weather, enjoying a beer and hotdog with great people. You exit out of the metro, and walk straight onto Half Street. Half street is home to fans, vendors, street musicians, scalpers and an amazing heads-on view of Nationals stadium. Then you come to the Bullpen; an outside bar/music venue/corn-hole court. Zach and I stopped there first to grab a cheap beer (yes a $6 beer is cheap for baseball! How sad!), and then went to pick up our tickets.

We got to our seats, and they didn’t disappoint; behind home plate, with an excellent view of the stadium. (Oh, and great people watching of the baseball players wives/girlfriends. Those ladies were decked out!) The Nats on the other hand. . . . I realize they are not the Yankees, so I do not get to disappointed with they lose. Unfortunately, I was in line for Five Guys when they got their homerun. You have to love the underdog though.

As we metro’d home, we were actually on the friendliest metro car I have ever ridden. People were in great spirits (which was surprising with all the Philly fans – aren’t they supposed to be grumpy?). We even had a man address the whole car, “now on the count of three, turn around and smile”. He was California, and doesn’t ride the metro. He wanted a little souvenir. Oh, I love D.C.!
No comments:
Post a Comment