Monday, April 12, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was great for so many reasons. Let me count the ways:

1. A pre-birthday brunch with the lovely Tina on Saturday morning. We went to Adams Morgan and then walked around taking pictures of the gorgeous flowers with my new camera. Yes, I got a new camera!! Thank you to Mom and Pops for the wonderful birthday gift.




2. Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs. Hansen! Stephanie and Mark tied the knot on Saturday, and it was so great to see them so ecstatic and in love. Not only did Stephanie look stunningly gorgeous, she made her own wedding cake. I think she has found her new calling in life. In a nontraditional exchange, the two presented cake toppers to each other. Stephanie gave Mark a plastic knight in shining armor, and Mark gave Stephanie a glass temple to represent where they first met.



3. Cherry Blossom 5k. After signing up for a lottery spot all the way back in December, Zach and I ran in the Cherry Blossom 5k Sunday. You could have not asked for better weather to run in, or a prettier course. We ran passed the Lincoln, and up and down the Memorial Bridge. We were both really psyched with our runs. My last couple 5ks had been disappointing, so I was glad I finished strong in this one.

4. Finding another great D.C. joint – Darlington House. Sunday, after the run, Zach and I met his friends at the Darlington House, just off Dupont Circle. It was three levels and each room had a different look to it. We sat in huge, plush, dining rooms chairs at a heavy table, sitting next to a fireplace and an Obama poster. Even better, the food was amazing. Highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment