So my training week ended a little rough on Friday, but good news is I feel like a real runner now. I had my first runner wipe out. I was struggling a little on my run, but was determined to finish. As I was closing in on my goal I checked my watch to see how much time I had left. I saw nine minutes and was like, okay, this is good. But then went to double check because hey it might be 8 minutes. Well when I double checked my watch I guess I missed a pothole and totally took a dive for the sidewalk cutting open both my palms, my left knee and my new running pants in the process. Before the concerned couple that saw me tumble could come over to check if I was okay I just got up and started running again. I ran for probably six more minutes before my stinging hands told me to stop and called it a day.
Hopefully Saturday will go a bit more smoothly.
It happens to the best of us Sooze! Keep it up!
ReplyDeletedid you put a pack of mexican beer on your injuries when you got home?
ReplyDeleteErin is that why my wounds aren't healing?
ReplyDelete