Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clarendon Day 10K - 3 weeks to go



So I am publicly declaring that I have signed up for the Clarendon Day 10k. This is because I need an extra boost in my training, and if nobody knows that I am committed to run a race it is much easier to wuss out. I have only run one 10k before, and let me just say it was a hot mess. I didn't train, it was 95 degrees out, and I very much contemplated quitting halfway through. I have been pretty good working on my fitness this summer, so I am hoping that this race is going to go much better. For instance my run on Monday was great! I ran for four miles, not big for a lot of people, but that was great for me. My run today however ... not as great. Hence, my public declaration. I need to stay motivated because there is no better feeling when you accomplish a big goal. Here's to a better run on Friday!

P.S. - I am watching Celebrity Jeopardy right now and I feel so smart because I can answer most of the questions. Yay for dumbing it down for celebrities!

2 comments:

  1. yay! go sooze! we should have signed up together and then i could have come visited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will personally pay for your registration if you come and visit. Stop teasing me!

    ReplyDelete