Today is the ninth anniversary of the September 11th attacks. I drove past the Pentagon this morning and it popped in my head that I should walk over to the Pentagon 9/11 memorial. I was a senior in high school when it happened, and its weird to think what it would be like if I was living so close to the Pentagon like I am now. The memorial has been up for a couple of years now, but I have never seen it, so today seemed like the perfect occasion to make a visit.
I walked across the street to the Pentagon follow signs to the memorial. It was so peaceful and beautiful. The memorial is a garden on the side of the Pentagon that was hit by the plane. The garden is full of trees and benches inscribed with the names of the people who died that day. Underneath each bench is running water. Who ever designed the memorial did a wonderful job. Its nice to be able to have something so peaceful and beautiful in a place with so many tragic memories. I left very greatful for my life and my loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment