
Last weekend I had the really awesome experience of going to games 3 and 4 of the World Series in Texas. We left a little nervous, the Rangers were down 2 games to none, but optimistic because they play great at home. Our flight down was sprinkled with a couple of fans, and I had to resist the urge to be a little dorky and yell Go Rangers each time I passed them.

We landed, and by the time we had lunch and spent a little time at Zach's parents house it was time to head to Game 3. Living in D.C. you don't really get to attend a lot of super fan driven sporting events (unless its the fans cheering for the other team!) but that was not the case at these games. The stadium was packed to capacity and everyone was wearing their Rangers Red and swinging their Rally towels. My favorite, Kelly Clarkson, sang the national anthem, and she was looking good! And then after a big home run the Rangers won their first World Series game ever!! Woo-hoo.

Unfortunately Game 4 did not have the same result. Although we could not score a run all game the Rangers fans stayed to the end. I hate when you can see droves and droves of fans leaving the stadium early in a big game when their team is losing. I flew back to D.C. early Monday morning, and sadly the Rangers did not get a win in Game 5. The series had come to a end, but it was still an incredible ride. I was very glad that I got to be there to experience it. Until next season ...
No comments:
Post a Comment