Monday, November 28, 2011

Costa Maya Mexico

Hello everyone! I hope you all eased back into work with out too much pain. Going through a weeks worth of job reports, I applied to 8 jobs today, so hopefully there will be some news this holiday season.

Over Thanksgiving week I went on a cruise with Zach and the entire side of his Dad's family to celebrate his grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Truly a wonderful thing, I couldn't love Maw Maw and Pop more if I tried. They are a great couple, and they started an even better family!

The cruise was great. It was 5 days setting sail from Tampa, stopping at Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. Months leading up to the cruise I started looking at the excursions they had to offer. While I really wanted to go see the Mayan ruins (yes, I'm a geek who loves history), I knew I had to pick a more group friendly adventure if I wanted Zach to join in. I wandered over to zip lining and everyone was in aggreeance that it would be a great time.


What was I thinking??? I am not adventurous! I do not take risks!! lol. Our group landed in Costa Maya and hopped on a bus to take us to the jungle. I was holding it together pretty well, all the way through the gearing up processes, and standing in line waiting our turn. It wasn't until Zach and I were harnessed in and lifted 5 feet off the air that the sheer panic set it. We had 93 more feet to go and I started screaming (poor Zach!). When we finally reached our platform I was certain that I would not be able to go through with it. But alas, there were no ladder down, so I had to do the damn thing. I got hooked up, sat down, and was pushed along my way.


The actual zip lining was fun for the first 60 seconds. It was a very cool feeling, but then I just imagined the rope snapping, and my fun went out the window. We had four zips, and the last one took you over a breath taking lagoon. It was a pretty cool sight. I'm proud I did it, but I have come to terms that I am just not going to be cut out for the Amazing Race. Too much risk for me.


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments: