Two weeks ago Zach and I drove up to NYC for the day. The Rangers were starting a series with the Yankees, and the Zach's mom, sisters and James came in for it. Unfortunately Mr. Reed was still at a day game so we just missed him.
We got there before everyone so we started the day off in Central Park. I always see this part of the park in the movies (Home Alone II, One Fine Day, 27 Dresses, etc..) but have never been, so Zach helped me cross that off the list. We saw the fountain, then watched a few park performers. I would never want to live in NYC, but I have to admit it has its charms. After the park we walked to Magnolia Bakery in Times Square. Evidently they were the start of the whole cupcake crazy. Personally, mine was a little dry, but Zach thought his blew Georgetown Cupcake out of the water.
Once the girls got to their hotel we headed straight of for a 'surprise' - DryBar! We had gone there for Becky's bachelorette and Zach's sisters treated their mom and I to another round. We got all dolled up with Zach and James had boy bonding time across the street at Chopt. So excited for them to come to DC!
After we got all dolled up, we took James to FAO Schwartz. Let me tell you, our nephew loves NYC! He was just checking out all the action, loving it. When we got to FAO I put him on a three foot stuffed dog, and he was just in heaven. I mean he is just the cutest.
And finally, we capped our busy day off in Little Italy. Zach led us to this restaurant with a hidden back patio decorated in twinkle lights. It was simply gorgeous. The pizza was delicious and wine was tasty. We bought street side gelato for dessert to cap off a perfect day in NYC.




No comments:
Post a Comment