Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday in the City






Zach and I had an absolutely wonderful Saturday! It started off Saturday morning with a walk-though of our wedding reception venue with our caterer. My biggest worry about the whole wedding has been fitting everyone into the reception space. It fits our dream number of people, but being from LARGE families, I think we are going to be a bit over that dream number mark. The caterer somehow worked out a configuration that would get everyone in there, and the space seemed so much bigger to me! It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I am feeling a lot better about every thing. I think it is just going to be stunning :)


After the walk though we headed over to Capitol Hill to get pizza at We the Pizza. We both had a slice of the Coletti Smokehouse (bbq pork, cheddar, crispy onion straws) and I had a slice of the spicy mexican. Delicousness. We followed that up with a quick stroll through Eastern Market.

Zach's buddy was being thrown an a fancy surpise 30th birthday party at a steak house later that night, so we decided to cash in a hotel credit we had a make a night of it. The second we waked in the door of the hotel, and three hours before we had to leave for the party, I realized I forgot to bring the dress I was going to wear to the party. Gaah!! I frantically jetted over to Chinatown and started the search. I pulled together a nice little outfit - pink dress from H&M, and snakeskin pumps from Macys. The shoes were a complete splurge that I didn't need, but I said hey, I can always return the dress tomorrow.  Three ladies visit DC gave me the sign of approval, "Girrrrl, you are going to look goood." So that kind  sealed the deal.



The surprise party was held at the private room at BLT Steak. I guess someone had let the secret slip to the birthday boy, but he seemed really please. His parents were super cute, and had lots of fun special touches. The food and wine wasn't too shabby either ;) After the party we went to a cigar bar so any hopes of returning the dress were vanished. I guess I just found an outfit for my bachelorette outfit!

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment