Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bridal Weekend



Wow, words can not describe how spoiled I was this weekend. My bridesmaids through me such an amazing bridal weekend, and so many of my friends turned out to celebrate. 


The weekend started off by meeting at our hotel. It was a great Doubletree right in between Dupont Circle and Farragut West. My college friend P came in early, so we cabbed over together and started the weekend off right with one of our favorite beers from London. Most of the girls got to DC in time for dinner at my favorite, Lauriol Plaza. The bridal gods were with us and we didn't even have to wait!! I am deathly afraid of driving in the city, so it meant so much that a lot of my friends braved that to get to me. 


Saturday morning was a Honeymoon Shower at the hotel. My sister-in-laws really out did them selves with all the little details. I walked into their hotel room and they had transformed it into a Jamaican paradise. Reggae music was playing, and resort candles were lit. Jamaican flags decorated a cheese plate, and a mimosa bar was decorated in our wedding navy and pink colors. It was lovely. My friends spoiled me with treats for our Jamaican getaway. I really can't wait to use them all!! 


The surprises kept on coming after the shower when my sister brought in her hairstyle to give me a blowout. Man did she do a good job. I looked hot!! We were all looking super stylish when we went to dinner at Beacon Bar & Grill. As we walked out of our Delicious dinner we were met with a party bus ... I mean these girls pulled out all the stops!! 


Our bar crawl took us to the W (the best view in DC), Brixton (a homage to my love of London, and had an amazing roof top), Mr. Smith (where I was serenaded), a quick dip in the WWII monument (my favorite in DC) and JUMBO SLICE. It was soo much fun!! 


Sunday the party just kept on rolling with the Drag Queen Brunch at Perrys. I was actually the only person in my party that had actually been to this DC tradition, but it was still just as entertaining. The girls were dying after the show, and I only got minorly embarrassed by the drag queens. Sorry I have no pictures :) 


The weekend was officially capped off with a bridal shower at my sister's house. She had gotten her very talented neighbor to design a super preppy navy and pink motif. I loved it. We dined on Potbelly, Georgetown Cupcakes, and delicious Sooze-a-ritas, my very own custom cocktail. Janet kept everyone entertained with some great shower games. I was so touched that people traveled from so far to be there. It was simply wonderful. 

Thank you everyone how contributed to my weekend. I can't wait until November. I love you all!!

2 comments: