Last week Shelby g-chatted me and said one of her friends had to pull out of the Color or Dye race happening in DC - did I want in? I googled the race to see how long it was (Shelby completed an IRON MAN for goodness sake) and when I saw that it was a 5k so I said of course!
I met Shelby and two of her friends at RFK stadium Saturday morning. These color races are all the rage these days, and I believe Color or Dye followed the same formula. When you register they give everyone a packet of colored powder. I think you are supposed to wait until the end of the race to go crazy with it, but we got pretty antsy waiting for our corral to be allowed to cross the start line, and we just threw it on each other at the start. Once we crossed the start line we passed "dye stations" about every half mile where volunteers squeezed and threw more powdered dye on us. It was a really relaxed race, and super non competitive (Miss Iron Man every ran the whole time with us). We turned the corner and I felt like we had another mile to go, and there was the finish line. It was great. After the race we took our colored selves over to Eastern Market for mimosas. Perfect way to end a race.

No comments:
Post a Comment