Monday, December 16, 2013

Texas Cookies

If you know me, you know I love a good theme. Inspired by spending Christmas in Texas this year, I saw a recipe for Laura Bush's Governors Mansion cookies on Pintrest, and knew that should be my 2013 Christmas cookie recipe. So this past weekend I took several deep breaths and prepared to bake 8 dozen cookies in my 2 square foot kitchen. It got ugly at times, but surprisingly there were no major baking/cleaning debacles. 

Thoughts on the results? I was overly ambitious and doubled the recipe instead of making two separate batches of batter. My Kitchen Aid couldn't really handle that. The first couple of batches were nothing to write home about, but once I got to the bottom of the bowl, everything was a lot more mixed in, and I found the perfect amount of time to bake the cookies. I stuck the last dozen or so in the freezer, and they were absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment