Last weekend I went to North Carolina with my mother, sister
and nephew to throw my darling cousin a bridal shower. I still feel like I am
catching up … throwing a shower takes a lot out of you!
Drew was very clear; she wanted no theme, just a low-key shower
(bummer for me, I love a good party theme). I think we managed to throw her a
very sweet, southern shower that made her happy.
The shower was held at my cousin’s friend's house. Her house is drool
worthy. Dark floors, light finishes, impeccably chosen furniture. I felt like I
was stepping into Better Homes & Garden. Perfect for a shower indeed! I tried to
integrate as many of my personal touches as possible. We got the groom to write
10 things he loves about Drew, and then I printed them on doilies. Those were hung
in-between photos of the duo to add to the decor. My aunt, who did my wedding
cakes, whipped up a bunch of her delicious desserts for a sweet bar, and we
provided lots of southern food for the guests (mini biscuits, pimento cheese
sliders, etc.).
I don’t like shower games, but I love to win prizes as a
shower guest haha. So I went around with a clipboard and asked each guest their
birthday (no year, this is a group of women after all), and had them guess the
date of Brendan and Drew’s first date. Finally I asked Drew to pick a number
from 1-16 (the number of people on the clipboard). Before the gifts were open
we awarded a prize to the person who had a birthday closest to the wedding, the
person who guessed the date closest to the couples first date, and the person on
the list who corresponded with the number Drew picked. Fast, easy, and it made
the guests happy!
Next up … bachelorette party!





No comments:
Post a Comment