I know this is belated, but here is a recap of my
Thanksgiving in Texas. Thanks to the East Coast freaking out about a little bit
of snow, we were able to switch our flights for free, getting us in at
lunchtime on Wednesday, instead of 11:00 at night. Thanks Southwest! And we
took full advantage of those extra 12 hours. We started off with lunch at our favorite Dallas spot, Katy Trail Ice House. It is sports bar/restaurant
with a huge outside eating area that backs up to the Katy Trail, a great
running trail that goes through downtown Dallas. Dogs are welcome, and because
it was November, they had a bunch of delicious smelling fires going. Zach got to meet our
Goddaughter for the first time too … aren’t they precious?
After lunch the girls took me registering. I never enjoyed
registering for our wedding. I let Zach take control. It was even more
overwhelming for a baby! I love buying baby gifts, but the fact I was marking
things off for my child was just unreal. Don’t get me wrong; I am very excited
to be a mother ... so grateful. However, the complete unknown about this monumental life
journey I am about to go on is very nerve wracking!
Thanksgiving morning, now well rested because of our earlier
arrival, Zach and I headed to downtown Dallas with his parents for the Dallas Turkey Trot. His mom and I stuck to the 5K, while Zach and his dad did the
8-mile race (which, lets be honest, I wouldn’t have attempted even if I wasn’t
pregnant). There were SO MANY people there, but surprisingly the race didn’t
turn into too much of a cluster. The course was really wide, so you had an easy
time navigating. I was very happy with the whole experience.
The rest of the weekend went by with lots of food, shopping
and time with my cute niece and nephew. We celebrated my sister-in-law’s
birthday with pedicures and Bundt cake. And I finished the majority of my
Christmas shopping with a quick trip to the outlets. On Monday, after a delicious
lunch at The Porch and on the way to the airport, we walked into my
mother-in-law’s friend’s store, and found this gem. I got it and think it will
be a perfect addition to the baby’s nursery. I’m obsessed.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and are really
enjoying the Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment