1. Serial
2. Williams-Sonoma Gluten-Free Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread Mix
This
is a 12 part podcast in which a former Baltimore Sun Reporter
investigates the murder of Maryland high school student, Hae Min Lee, and
the conviction of her ex-boyfriend, Adnan Masud Syed. Friends of Syed
convinced the reporter, Sarah, to look further into the murder because
they are convinced he did not do it. Over the 12 episodes she covers
every part of the case, and it had me going back and forth at least 10
times each episode, "He did NOT do it," and "Oh, he has to be guilty."
The epidosdes are great for commuting. Zach and I listened to them on
our plane rides to and from Texas this New Years. The podcast is free to
download too!
2. Williams-Sonoma Gluten-Free Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread Mix
Yes,
bread is still sounding amazing to me, and when I passed this guy in
Williams and Sonoma I had to make the pregnant purchase. I just made it
this weekend and it was delightful. Just add some sour cream and butter
and you are good to go. The crust was great, the bread had a really good
flavor, and I wouldn't know that it was gluten free if I didn't read
the package!
3. The Bachelor
I
have been taking a break from The Bachelor and Bachlorette franchise. I
think I heard, "I'm doing it for the right reasons," too many times.
However, I decided I was going to give this season a chance and I am
glad I did. I couldn't speak most of the last episode A. because the
bachelor went on one of the most awkward dates I have every experienced
and B. the girls are bat sh*t crazy!! Like seriously. This widow was
talking about how "her story" (you know the love of her life dropping
dead one day) was so amazing. Did you kill him lady?? Let's just say
this trash has got me hooked again.
4. Logan Tavern
My
friend P was chatting with me last week and said, "Can I offer you some
unsolicited advice?" Yes people, all advice is welcome (if I don't like
it I won't listen to you). She said to take advantage of going out to
eat. It is something that does not come as easily with a bambina. Taking
her advice to heart I told Zach to take me to a fun lunch this past
weekend. We went to Logan Tavern a restaurant just off 14th Street, a
half a mile from my apartment. The restaurant was very my vibe - exposed
brick, huge pictures of D.C. everywhere. The food was delicious too!
Zach got a fried chicken eggs Benedict, and I ordered a chipotle chicken
sandwich. Yum, yum, yum.
5. The Willard
Our
babymoon/staycation is booked. We are going to spend a night at The
Willard over the long weekend coming up. The hotel is iconic D.C. and
definitely on my D.C. bucket list. I am working this entire weekend so
it will be a great break that I am definitely looking forward too!
No comments:
Post a Comment