Thursday, February 26, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Salad



Sorry it’s been awhile. These days I'm either falling asleep at 8:00 PM or obsessively checking the 10-Day weather outlook, daydreaming about the day when it will be warm again. Not only is it putting me in such a funk, but also I honestly don’t know how much longer my coat’s zipper will hold out with this belly of mine!

Over my long weekend a couple of weeks ago I made Buffalo Chicken Salad for the first time. I am a sucker for anything buffalo, and this was a super easy and delicious recipe. I served it on toasted Ezikel bread to go along with the freezing temperatures outside, but it would also be a great summer meal!

5 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese (I’m not a fan so I did shredded mozzarella)

Directions:
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, celery, cilantro, and blue cheese. Refrigerate until serving or up to 5 days in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment