Two years ago I read a list of things to do with your husband before having kids. Nothing earth shattering - travel, go out to fancy restaurants, own white furniture, etc. etc. I thought the article was cheesy, but liked the concept, so Zach and I made our own list of places we wanted to see, restaurants we wanted to try, and goals we wanted to accomplish before we made that big step into parenthood. I was all about the Babymoon, one last trip, so we got to planning. Zach has very few Saturdays off, and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money, so we decided to take our vacation in one of our favorite cities - D.C.!
The Willard is a historic hotel that just screams D.C. to me. It's about two blocks from the White House and full of history. We checked in Sunday and started the day off with a mani/pedi for me and a facial/pedi for Zach. The pedicure was a major necessity for me, and I have made a note to make sure I get at least two more before Gracie girl comes along. The rest of our stay most would say verged on boring, but I guess that was the whole point. We won't have the chance to lay around and be lazy once our little girl comes. It was -10 degrees outside so we grabbed dinner at The Hamilton next door. It worked out though, because the food was delicious, and they even served milkshakes to go. Preggo delight! The weatherman extended our relaxation a little bit longer with the snow day we had today.
76 days till May 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment