I still think it is weird that Gracie was born in Texas. I expected her to be born this city girl, and she would always have that tie to D.C. I was thinking about that a lot once I realized her first road trip was going to be to Plainview, Texas ... she is a true Texan!
Plainview is a tiny town about 30 minutes from Lubbock, TX (don't ask me in which direction), home of Texas Tech University. My sister-in-law and her family live there. My brother in law is a farmer of cotton, corn and sunflowers. It is such a dramatically different lifestyle that I am used to, so I was very excited to see what Plainview was all about. My SIL was throwing a surprise, 90s themed, 30th birthday party my BIL, so that was a perfect occasion for us to visit.
Of course I was way too wound up, worrying how Gracie was going to do, and how we were going to manage all the logistics that come along with traveling with a baby. For those who do not know, babies roll deep. But Gracie was a gem! She really liked West Texas. We left early on Saturday so she slept practically the whole ride (5 hours). We just stopped once to feed her. On the way back Sunday she just as cool as a cucumber. Hopefully this is a good omen for our trip to D.C. next month.
The party was a blast. I was very impressed with all the 90s details, and you know me, I am a sucker for details. My SIL purchased 300 pogs from eBay for like five bucks. There were tie dyed tables, a great photo booth, and a very impressive cake. Gracie loved jamming out to the Spice Girls pandora station. My mother-in-law, who is a saint, insisted she watch her, along with the other 3 grand babies, after I fed her, so Zach and I enjoyed a little alone time as well. All in all the night was a big success.




No comments:
Post a Comment