Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Discovering Dallas: Bishop Arts District


To kick off Memorial Day Weekend Zach's boss and her husband invited us out to dinner in an area of Dallas called Bishop Arts. I was a. very excited because it seemed like I hadn't spoken to adults that I wasn't related to in months and b. very nervous that Gracie was going to have a melt down during dinner. No fear was needed though,  she slept like an angel the entire time and we enjoyed a delicious dinner with adult conversation :) 

Bishop Arts was a complete surprise to me. It reminded me of a downtown Raleigh, Boone or Nashville. It was about five blocks of little boutiques, art shops, and great looking restaurants. People were performing on the streets and it was very walkable. It had a down to earth feel to it, and nothing was cookie cutter. 

We at Boulevardier. Their tagline is: Food you can eat. Cocktails you can drink. Wine you can afford. Zach's boss and her husband are real foodies and picked out some great items for us to share and try. Oysters, bone marrow, and octopus. Zach and I love to eat, but aren't that adventurous, so it was nice to step out of our comfort zone. Bone marrow is delicious people!

After dinner we walked to Dude, Sweet Chocolate for some dessert, and were serenaded with some street music. Overall I was extremely impressed with Bishop Arts and can't wait to go back to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment