Thursday, May 6, 2010

Comcast

I don’t know when I did it, or how I did it, but I am pretty sure that I am officially on Comacst’s black-balled list. Where ever my file is in the extensive Comcast database, there has to be a red flag attached and a note saying “make this difficult”.

One of the biggest things I dreaded about my move was handling Comcast. The last time I moved it took 5 visits and 6 weeks to establish cable and internet. Not to mention billing was messed up on more than one occasion, and it was just a big mess. Zach, being the sweetheart that he is, offered to call Comcast for me, negotiate a rate, and be at my apartment while they installed it. I mean how great is that? Obviously I agreed, and thought that was that. But noooo, we forgot about the red flag.

The Monday after I moved in a technician showed up at my apartment, only to decide that it wasn’t equipped to handle cable. He was going to have to call another guy. So a week after that, time comes and goes for my appointment. Nobody came. I called Comcast to see what was up, and they said that a technician called my cell phone (false) and came to my building but was denied entry (double false). Three frustrating phone calls later, I get a technician to come to my place. Well this man made my apartment ready for cable, but couldn’t actually install anything. We were going to have to call another guy. Allegedly, an installation man will be coming to my apartment Friday night (because that is when you want to wait around for the cable guy), so we will see. Hopefully I will restore the karma balance back in the world, taking away my offenses to Comcast, and allowing them to install my cable and internet without a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment