Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lubbock, Texas

This past weekend's adventures took Zach and I to the grand old city of Lubbock, Texas. Referred to on the city's website as "The Texas You've Always Dreamed Of." If you have not heard of Lubbock before, well neither had I. It is the home to cotton, Buddy Holly, and according to Zach, "The greatest University in America". (Go Elon!)



Anyways, we were there for two reasons: to watch Zach's youngest sister Rachel graduate, and go to her and her fiance, Drew's engagement shower. Her graduation was like any college graduation ... unpleasant to sit through. The graduation speaker's speech had a theme about moderation and self control. Wow. Really pep up those graduates why don't you.



Things took a better turn for the engagement shower. Zach's sisters are dating best friends, so both couples are very close. Becky's boyfriend's parents wanted to through Rachel and Drew a shower, and let me tell you, it was amazing. It was the classiest shower I have ever been to, and probably ever will go to. They threw the party at a hotel right across from campus, and had it catered with heavy hors d'oeuvres. I won a picnic basket at wedding bingo filled with a steak cook book, wine, wine glasses, meat thermometer and gift certificate to Outback it was out of control!



The night was great, and Rachel and Drew have amazing people in their lives. I am very fortunate that Zach's family is so great, because I enjoy my time with every one of his family members! It was another successful trip to Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Sooze - LOVE the blog. Please tell Zach that he is misinformed as Tech is NOT the greatest university in America. Love and miss!

    ReplyDelete