
Okay, so confession . . . I do not have the best feet. No, don't worry, they don't smell, or have fungus or anything gross like that, but they are dry, they are cracked, and I may or may not have just lost my left big toe nail. Whatever. I try the file, the sander, lotion and all the jazz, but my feet are always less than great.
So why not do something about it you ask? Well I hate salons. I just feel really uncomfortable in them. Not to stereotype, but usually I can not understand the person who is waiting on me, and it feels awkward just sitting there while someone is cutting your nails, or giving you a massage. Getting "pampered" is not a luxury, its a time to thrive in my insecurities.
I decided however, I was going to suck it up, and get my self a mani/pedi. Starting tomorrow I have a college graduation, engagement party, and five weddings in the next seven weeks, so my feet were in a major need of a make over! I made an appointment at the nail place across from my new building and headed there after work last night. And don't you worry, this experience reinforced every reason why I do not like going to the salon!!
It started innocently enough when I sat down to start the pedicure. I had brought my own shade, so I could touch up if needed, and the woman criticized the color. Its not like I went day-glow orange or bright green. I had a great shade of pink from OPI, lay off me woman! The mistreatment increased as she saw the canvas she was working with. My nail technician gave me the Eww face several times, and I had to say yes, I have dry skin. I was forced into the extra $5, stick your foot in plastic bag treatment (no reason why that works), and retreated back to the memories of having to get the "extra special" pedicure when I went with the ladies of 35/36 before our college graduation. As the pedicure went on, the other nail tech in the salon felt she should comment on my dry skin as well. I'm sorry, I didn't know you only gave pedicures on nice feet. Whats the work challenge in that?!
An hour later and $45 dollars poorer, I walked out of the salon with socially acceptable hands and feet, and a battered ego. How people think the mani/pedi experience is a relaxing thing is beyond me.
haha, that is very sad Sooze! Sam is going to throw up if she reads this...
ReplyDeletelol, its very sad
ReplyDelete