Monday, August 30, 2010

We, the Pizza



I admit it; I’m really impressed by D.C. reality shows. It’s sad, but I do. Real World D.C., I stalked the house. D.C. contestants on Top Chef, I have checked out the restaurants. Real House Wives of D.C., well you are just a hot mess. So when I heard Spike Mendelson (contestant on Top Chef that opened Good Stuff Eatery in D.C.) was opening a pizza place in D.C. I knew I had to go there. Good Stuff Eatery has some of the best burgers out there, so I believed a trip out to his new restaurant was totally justified.



Zach and I ventured over there Saturday. We, the Pizza is actually located right next to Good Stuff in Capitol Hill. We both ordered two slices: I went with Spicy Hawaiian and Cheese, Zach went with Spicy Hawaiian and Potato. You can see the pizza as you walk through the ordering line, and then they heat the slices up and buzz you when your order is ready. You can also get a full pie, sandwiches, or “amazing looking” wings. We picked a booth upstairs and waited a little bit longer than I would expect for heated up pizza. Our food looked amazing and it tasted … pretty good. In no ways was it bad pizza, but it wasn't the best I have had, and that is something Zach and I can say about the food over a Good Stuff. All in all we really enjoyed it, were glad we came, but probably won’t be making the journey back there for pizza if we are ever in that type of a mood.



I still love you Spike!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to try this place! Good to know it is only so-so!!

    ReplyDelete