Monday, February 7, 2011

Gone to Carolina



This past weekend I hopped in the car and drove down to North Carolina for the weekend. It was a much needed pick me up from the winter funk I was experiencing. There are so many things I love about North Carolina. I went to school there, they serve hush puppies, most of my mom's family lives there, some of Zach's family is there, many of my friends still live there, Cook Out, driving with the windows down, and the beach to name a few.

I have a lot of friends and family with in an one hour distance of each other so I always try to fit in as many visits as possible while I am down there. So I started my trip off with a quick stop to see some of Zach's family in Raleigh. After that I got on to 85 and headed to Greensboro. My cousin LD and I headed straight to a Mexican lunch. Yum. The love of Mexican food runs in the family. My cousin Maggie's husband joined us for a margarita and then the three of us went to get pedicures. We sat in these amazing massage chairs, had pedis, and were served wine in martini glasses. Quite simply - it was amazing. And the person who did my feet didn't make fun of me!! Double bonus.



After pedicures Maggie met up with us and we went out to dinner with their family and my other aunt, uncle and cousins that live in Greensboro. The four of us then drove up to Mebane to spend the night at Maggie and George's house. We sat on their extremely comfy couch, drank beer and watched Jersey Shore. I think I might of fallen in love with that show. Usually when my cousins and I get together we have some crazy times together, but this relaxed weekend was just as great.

When I left Maggie and George's I managed to squeeze in another visit with my neighbor from college Erin. We had a super classy lunch at one of my favorite North Carolina establishments - Bojangles. We dined on fried chicken and she showed me all her pictures from her recent trip to Asia. I learned how fond the Vietnamese are of motor bikes.



Sadly, I had to head back to D.C., but I experience zero traffic because of the Super Bowl. Yay for amazing weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment