Monday, February 21, 2011

Girl Time and the Verizon Store


As of 5:31 p.m. on Friday I really didn't have any plans for the weekend, but by the time I got done with a walk to Chinatown and I several plans to meet up with some of my highschool girls I haven't seen in a long time. It was unexpected, but so great! Saturday I headed to Baltimore to see my friend Lauren. We went out to a lounge called Red Maple. I'm not much of a lounge person (if you have to be on a list, it isn't for me) but the place was alright. We went into the bathroom, and I was amazed about how great it smelled (I have been having really good luck with good smelling bathrooms lately, weird). However, when I entered the stall I realized there was no place to put your belongings - major downgrade. I was only carrying a clutch, and as one thing led to another, my clutch, holding my cell phone, took a little swim in the toilet. Major downgrade again. We had placed my phone battery in a container of couscous (there was no rice in the apt) that night, but there was no luck in reviving it.

The next morning, Lauren and I drove to the Kentlands to meet our other friends for lunch at Coal Fire Pizza. I have never been there before but it was fricken delicious. It was so good to see the girls, because it seems like everyone has such exciting things going on in their lives right now.

After the ride, consulting with my tech guru, delicous pizza and good converstation I decided it was time to bite the bullet and invest in the iPhone. I was up for a new phone for a long time, but didn't want to get the iPhone until I was paying less in rent. Well Apple announcing they would sell the iPhone with Verizon, my cellphone swim, and my rent situation (more on that later) all alinged in perfect harmony. So after lunch I went to the Verizon store and I am the new proud owner of an iPhone. I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles, but so far, I am in love!

Yay for unplanned weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment