After a few hours of sleep we got up and did a little walking tour of Georgetown. Zach is just mildly obsessed with the neighborhood. Although it was windy, the sun was shining, and we got some good pics.
We then drove over to Eastern Market to meet a couple friends at Good Stuff Eatery. The place was packed as usual, but by the time we got to order, the Top Chef owner, Spike Mendleson was working the line. This is the second time I have seen him here, and I really wanted to be a dork and take a picture. But he was literally 2 feet away, so I contained my self.
We left Good Stuff in time to see the conclusion of Pour House's Cupid Undie Run. What is that you ask? Just what you think - people go to Pour House, drink some beer, strip down to their undies and run a short race for charity. Once again I must apologize for my lack of picture taking skills. One man was rocking a tight, skimpy, jort situation. Good for you sir, good for you.
Saturday night Zach and I celebrated Valentine's Day early at our favorite place Lauriol Plaza, and then met his friends at Redline in Chinatown. This is the bar I went to Happy Hour at a couple weeks back, the ones with beer taps at the tables. Well we actually sat at one of those tables. You pay per ounce for the beer your pour, but it turns out you pay about $9.00 for a Miller Light. Don't you just love D.C. ? A couple of those $9 beers later we ended up at a Chinese restaurant, and I was passed out at the table. Yes, Zach has the embarrassing photos to prove it. It was a good night.
Unfortunately Sunday did come. We met the rest of my family at Matchbox, our first date location, for a Valentine's Day lunch. They put us in a fairly out there table, which is good, because my family has one volume level - LOUD. After lunch I drove Zach to the airport and started counting down the days until we get to do it again. 37 days can go by quickly right??
Totally - what a great weekend!
ReplyDelete