Friday, May 27, 2011

No Fridays?


There are definite advantages to working in a small office. Things are more relaxed, less structure, more opportunity to take on new tasks. However, there are many draw backs. Mainly, if you aren't running the company, your vacation time sucks. You can't really be gone that much, because if you are, half the office is out. And forget about two staff taking off on the same day! The travesty of it all.

My boss emailed my co-worker and I yesterday to inform us if we wanted to, we could switch to an alternative work week schedule this summer. Basically, instead of working from 9-5:30, I can now work 9-6:30 Monday-Thursday and get every other Friday off. So now, my 3 planned vacation days this summer will cancel out and I can have them as freebies. Score!! I think I might actually go insane having to work that extra hour everyday, but I guess I can get my sanity back that every other Friday?

We will see how this experiment goes, but I am definitely happy in the creativity my boss is offering. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment