
Saturday my mom and I had some mother daughter bonding time and went to go see Something Borrowed. Something Borrowed, a book by Emily Griffith, was one of the first chick-lit books I really got into, so I was really excited to see the movie.
There were some major character changes from the book to the movie, but the general concept was the same. It is a story of Rachel, the pushover lawyer and her best friend, the center of attention, Darcy. On her 30th birthday Rachel ends up sleeping with Darcy's fiance Dex and then the story goes from there. I didn't really mind the character changes the movie put in place, the story still worked and there were no major plot changes. It definitely wasn't on my top 10 favorite movies of all time, but I didn't want my money back (or my mom's money) at the end of it. It also had a lot of good trailers before the movie started, so I will bump up the enjoyment factor there ;)
The reviews aren't that great, but if you are in the mood for some female bonding, taking your girlfriends and go see the movie. And if you haven't read the book, I would definitely go out and get your self a copy. It is a perfect poolside/summer read.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment