When I get off track on things and I know I am being bad, I am a big believer in avoidance. Been eating awful for weeks on end? I avoid the scale like the plague. I just don’t want to know how bad it is.
This holds true for my money management skills too. With my travel/wedding schedule ramping up I know I am putting out more than I am taking in. Yesterday I decided to give myself a reality check. I wrote down all my major expenses coming up until December (there are a lot of them), and then logged back on to my Mint.com account that had not been accessed in months!! Mint.com is a budgeting website that links to all your financial accounts to you can see exactly where your money is going and how bad or good you have been. I am highly motivated to make sure I have enough money to move into our new apartment a couple weeks before the wedding, so I wanted to make sure I was saving enough to do so. Hopefully I can stick to my Mint budget and will be good to go once November comes around. Can’t wait!!

No comments:
Post a Comment