Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Outstanding Foster Parent Appreciation Gala


This past Saturday was my Outstanding Foster Parent Appreciation Gala. I had been working on the event for the past four months, but that time honestly flew by. I can't believe I am already 3 days into my new job already! 

Zach and I got to the Grand Hyatt around 9 a.m. on Saturday. I went to work setting up the event space and didn't really stop until 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Overall, I think the event went really well. We had about 600 people attend, and I honestly started to get a little freaked out when we had our crush of people start coming. All of our elected officials showed up on time, albeit a little late, but the show went  on just fine. Everyone seemed to have a great time. 

My favorite part of the night, and my coolest career achievement thus far was seeing the Georgetown Cupcakes with my event logo on them. I love myself some Georgetown Cupcake, and to have my work on them was very cool. 

Thanks for all your well wishes everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment