Last weekend my neighbor in college, Kimmy, got married in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and I am so happy that she has found happiness with Brad.
The weekend started with a Bridesmaid's Luncheon at Kimmy's parents house. Her sister-in-laws made some delicious salads and Kimmy gifted us the most beautiful purple jewelry to wear with our dresses.
Friday afternoon Zach and I walked to the church for the start of the rehearsal. The entire wedding weekend was walkable in downtown Cincinnati, which I am a huge fan of. Kim & Brad got married in a beautiful cathedral with stunning stain glass windows. The groomsmen were all from Elon as well, but I had never met them at school. After the rehearsal we crossed the river and headed to The Metropolitan Club for dinner. The room was floor to ceiling windows with views of the river and the Bengals and Reds stadiums. Got to love a good view! After we dined the "youngins" crossed back the river to Cincinnati to go to bar near the Reds stadium. We were met with the rest of the Out of Towners. Since both Kim and Brad are Eloners it was a lot of familiar faces!
Saturday morning I woke up and went on a run/walk around the city. I don't know what it is, but I really love Cincinnati. I like downtown's where you can walk everywhere. The stadiums are really close, there is a fun common square, and plenty of shopping. I approve! I ran into P's husband in the hotel lobby. He was running 17 miles that morning, putting my 3 to shame. After the run was hair and make up time back at Kimmy's parents house. Per usual Kimmy looked stunning. Her make-up was spot on, and her hair was swept up to make her look straight out of a magazine.
Kimmy walked down the aisle and Brad completely ugly cried. Don't you just love that? They said their I Dos with out a hitch.
I know I have been saying this a lot, but their reception was simply stunning. Like one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. It was an old church, lit with hundreds on candles. So incredibly romantic. Their band, Sneaky Pete, broke it down for everyone. The food was delicious, and the company was wonderful. It was great to spend so much quality time with my Elon girls.
Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. T! I hope the honeymoon was marvelous :)
No comments:
Post a Comment