This weekend the DMV experienced a major storm on Friday night. The thing is, I totally had no idea that it was coming. Right before I fell asleep on Friday I heard some crazy thunder but thought nothing of it.
Saturday morning I was on my way out to run Riley when my parents called saying the lost power. With it being 100 degrees and my mom in a wheelchair, this was not good news. We got them a hotel room and I went on trying to start my day. I started to drive to a florist appointment in Virigina and quickly realized my parents weren't the only ones affected by the storms. Trees were down and lights were out everywhere. Thank goodness I checked my email before I got to far because my florists cancelled our appointment due to the power. Later on the news I saw over a million people lost power.
That night Zach and I drove in to the city for patriotic birthday bar crawl. The entire way in we saw more examples of what a cluster the storm caused. But the bar crawl was fun. The group really got it to the spirit ... we had a Captain America and a 1992 Dream Team player in the mix. Go USA!
And this morning as I drove to church I passed a tree that had to be centuries old, completly turned on its side. It covered the front of four rowhomes. Can you imagine waking up in the morning, opening your door and seeing only tree branches? Crazy.




No comments:
Post a Comment