Sorry for the delay but a few weekends back I celebrated my fourth bachlorette weekend this year for my dear friend Lex. She is getting married in February to an absolutely amazing man, and it was a real pleasure being able to celebrate with her. I met Lex my first week of high school. She came up to me saying we used to play in the same elementary school softball league. I had no clue, but was so glad she introduced her self. She is honestly one of the nicest people I know, and is so caring. Pure gold that one ;)
Her weekend started off on Saturday with a shower at her mother's house. Her bridesmaids provided a delicious brunch spread and decorated the house with mini pumpkins and fall candles. When we sat down to watch Lex open presents we were informed that her fiance had written down 10 things he loved about her. With every present, the person who Lex opened the gift from read one of those things out loud for the group. It was a super cute idea. Ty didn't just write I love her smile, or her cute butt. He wrote these really touching sentiments and just reaffirmed how much I love the two of them together!
After the shower we headed into DC to check into our hotel. All the festivities were centered around Foggy Bottom (near GW, my work). The hotel was huge and perfect for Lex's big group (girl was rolling deep with 15+ girls). Lex is known for her unique fashion sense so a twist on the usual bachlorette party in black theme we were asked to all rock out wild tights. It was very Lex and turned out very cute. After dinner we hopped on a party bus and hit a couple bars in DC. Note to self, if you have an aversion to fog machines and disco music, avoid LIMA at all cost.
Sunday morning we finished the weekend with breakfast at Farming Farmers. This is a delicious restaurant that promotes getting everything in the restaurant straight from local farms. I had my first chicken and waffles, and while I was doubtful, I must say - YUM.
Congratulations darling! Can't wait for your big day in February!!


No comments:
Post a Comment