Thursday, October 11, 2012

Get in my Belly - Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar

So I have been on a big crockpot kick these days. The recipies are usually super simple. Just plop in the ingredients, take them out 6 hours later and voila! Its like putting on your favorite hoodie and curling up on the couch for a nap. Makes you feel all comfy.

This weeks crockpot meal was Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar.

Take:
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts and put it in the crockpot with 1-2 cups of water (I did 1.5 cups) and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (I think I did around 5).

Then REMOVE the chicken and drain the water from the pot. Put the chicken on a cutting board and shred it.

Put your shredded chicken back in the pot and pour in 1 CUP of our favorie caesar dressing (I chose a low fat kind), 1/2 CUP of shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 CUP fresh chopped parsley (or 2 tsp of dried parsley), and 1/2 tsp ground pepper.

MIX IT ALL TOGETHER ... yum. Cover, and cook on high heat for 30 minutes.  Then eat up!

The recipie suggests putting them on shredded lettuces and slider buns. I just put it on a bed of lettuce and ate it as a salad. Thank you pintrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment