Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fun Phone Chat


Susan: Hello Social Security Office, I just wanted to check in on how my name change application is going because its been over the two weeks you said it would take, and I haven’t heard anything.

Social Security Officer: We don’t have any record of your application

Susan: (slight panic) Are you sure ?

Social Security Officer: Please hold

(5 minute delay)

Okay I found your application, its on Mrs. Morales’ desk.

Susan: Okay well can I get an estimated amount of time it will take Mrs. M to process my application?

Social Security Officer: No. There are A LOT of papers on Mrs. M’s desk.

Susan: You have no idea how long? Every website I read said it takes no longer than two weeks.

SS0: Well if you come into the office we can process it right away

Susan: But why can’t you process it right away when I mailed it in.

SSO: Well you really should come in …

Susan:: (big sigh)


Guess where I will be spending my Christmas Eve?

2 comments:

  1. Gah, name change stuff is the WORST! I did the SS card and my bank accounts first, then took a break before tackling the rest :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete