Merry Christmas all!! I hope you all had a great holiday. I'm currently at work, alone, soaked to the bone thanks to the beautiful post-holiday weather we are having.
The weekend was wonderful, but not relaxing in the least. It was go go go the whole time. Friday Zach and I had our traditional DC Christmas date - Old Ebbitt and the National Christmas Trees. Georgia won it over for me this year. Their peach ornaments were super cute.
Saturday we spent all day at Zach's extended family's Christmas party. I ate way too many sugar cookies and handmade egg roles. We were thrown into the annual gift exchange which meant I had to put a Santa hat on in front of 30 people and they laughed when it didn't fit. Haha.
Sunday my family went to go see Shrek on ICE at National Harbor. The Gaylord brings in 200 Chinese men every year to carve a tent full of intricate ice sculptures. They also make you put on huge blue parkas and go down a really fun ice slides. After ICE, Zach and I met the Trawicks in DC for some beer and football. They were having a quick get away in the city, visiting from Charlotte, NC, so that was a great treat to see them.
Monday after a particularity painful run (Bethesda is all hills) Zach and I celebrated Christmas Eve at the Original Pancake House. Try the Strawberry Stack ... delicious. After a standing room only Christmas Eve mass we drove to my parents to celebrate. Michael's friends came over and we had plenty of laughs playing Catch Phrase. My dad and aunt are HORRIBLE at the game, so bad that its hilarious to witness.
Christmas morning my whole family spoiled each other with too much Christmas. I am a very lucky girl. We went to go see This is 40, which was about 45 minutes too long. Comedies should never be more than two hours! And the whole Christmas weekend was capped off at my sister's house with a delicious steak and twice baked potatoes feast.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have the rest of this week off! Three days till Texas till I do it all over again.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment