Happy 12/12/12 everyone. It is 12 days until Christmas so I thought I would share some of my holiday traditions about the season.
Market shopping - I love Eastern Market all year long, but it has an extra special kick to it during the Christmas season. During December DC also hosts a holiday market everyday of the week inbetween Chinatown and Metro Center. They play music and sell delicous treats like dougnuts and nuts. I was walking by the other day and picked up a snazzy (and yes, everyone has one) bubble necklace for a holiday party I was going to.
Holiday movies - Home Alone 2, Lost in New York is played atleast daily in our apartment. To say Zach is obsessed with this movie would be a drastic understatment. Thankfully we only start playing it after Thanksgiving, so I don't have to deal with it year round haha.
Old Ebbitt Grill & National Christmas Tree - A perfect DC holiday date. Starting off at Old Ebbitt Grill, a delicous DC institution located across the street from the White House, I usally dine with my loved ones and have a brew or two. Then we walk down to the National Christmas Tree on the Ellipse and check everything out. It is a December must.
Baking - The fat girl in me love Christmas because I get to bake lots of goodies. I mentioned one of my staples in the earlier post, mint brownies. My other is Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. They seemed incredibly hard to make, but they are really easy peasy. You just have to buy a bunch of ingredients. My sister-in-law's hubby loves them, so I make a bunch during the season.
I hope you all are enjoying the season. ho ho ho :)


Sooze, I need that recipe from you! Rank asks for them daily! Or maybe I should just keep it going that those are a treat specifically from you...
ReplyDeleteOf course! Just click on the Reese's link above. I will be making a batch for Christmas but you can definitely fill in, in the mean time!
ReplyDelete