When everyone returned to work after the holidays I found out that I had to work my university's Inaugural Ball. Its a 5,000+ person event at the Omni Shorem in DC, so a pretty big deal. So when I got an email from Living Social saying they were hosting a Rent the Runway Pop-up Shop, I thought hey this would be a good thing to check out. I've always wanted to do one of these Living Social events they are always promoting, and if I can find a gorgeous gown to wear, event better.
For those who don't know, Rent the Runway is a website that allows you to rent designer gowns. They send you a dress in two different sizes, and you get it for four days. I love the idea this, especially when you have 10 different weddings in a year (how did I do that?). However, I usually shop at stores where the dresses aren't THAT expensive, so for the cost of a rental I can usually get a dress to own. But for an evening gown this is totally worth it!
I arrived at one of Living Social's buildings in DC and sipped on prosecco while I waited to be brought up to the pop-up shop. The building is all exposed brick, and DC touches, so I was a fan. When I was let up into the show room I was a little disappointed because there were only six racks of dresses, and two of long dresses. There were some real cute pieces, but I was on the hunt for a long dress, and the selection wasn't that great. I picked three gowns anyways, because hey, I came all that way anyways. The firs two were nothing to write home about, but I did enjoy the emerald green number shown above. I am a sucker for that type of neckline. The skirt however had TWO slits, and I didn't think that was very work appropriate.
So it looks like I will be wearing my sister's bridesmaid dress tomorrow evening, which I am fine with because I am working. I will keep RTR in mind if another special event comes up and let you know what I think if I actually follow through!

No comments:
Post a Comment