Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day of Love




Yesterday was big day for love. It started in the morning with a brunch at my sister and brother-in-laws. On Thursday they went to the doctors to get their 20 week ultrasound and the doctor wrote the sex of their baby in an envelope. They dropped the results off at a baker and had a cake made to revel the sex of their baby to themselves and the rest of the family. Everyone was convinced it was a girl so when Janet and Mitch cut into their cake they were blown away to say blue icing. Its a boy!! I honestly don't think I have seen my parent happier. I am very happy to add another nephew to the mix, and can't wait to welcome Greyson James to the world in July. 



After the exciting brunch I cashed in a gift certificate to get pretty at DryBar. One of my first friends from highschool was getting married that night in Baltimore. I've said it before but Alexis and Tyler are just two fabulously beautiful inside and out people you have ever met. Alexis has always been a friend that would do anything for me and the rest of her friends and from the second I met Tyler I knew he was crazy about Alexis. Lex is also funky and goes to the beat of her own drummer sometimes so I was very excited to see what touches she had for her wedding. 


They got married at The Belevedere, a goreous old hotel in downtown Baltimore (I think Will Smith got married there). It was a mini highschool reunion with me, seeing friends that were at my wedding, and people I hadn't seen in 10 years! Lex looked gorgeous walking down the aisle as another friend from highschool sang "Sea of Love." The couple exchanged their own vows ... Ty promised to always be her dance partner "if he could keep up." The bridesmaids were rocking great black dresses that you could wear again, and we all dined on a chili bar. How fun is that? The dance floor was always busy and ending with a last song of "Wagon Wheel" with a huge group hug. You could feel the love. 





So excited for the new lives that are start. Congratulations to you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment