Monday, March 18, 2013

The Good, The Okay, The Ugly

The Good: Perfect on Paper by Maria Murnane 

I picked this little goodie for my kindle on sale a couple weeks ago. It is a perfect, don't have to think, page turner. If the summer will ever get here, it is meant to be read pool side with a cold drink. 

The book is about Waverly, a PR agent from San Francisco, who was left at the alter. The book follows her life, with her two best friends, and her misadventures in love that travel from California to New York, to Atlanta and back. The book keeps you guessing for awhile about who her eventual love connection will be, which is an achievement with the usual chick lit formula. I just realized there are a couple books in the series, so I will definitely continue on. 


Really having the urge to bake something I decided to try out the Red Velvet Cake recipe on pintrest. It combined red velvet cake mix with diet dr. pepper. The cake turned out okay. I wasn't really feeling the cool whip frosting, but Zach enjoyed it. I will probably stick to my skinny funfetti cupcakes in the future.

The Ugly: Dawson's Creek Finale

I finally got to the end of Dawson's Creek on Netflix. For some reason I remembered the finale to be great. Probably just because Joey and Pacey ended up together. But oh my goodness ... it was awful!! Jen dies?!! What? I totally forgot that. I enjoyed the memories, but whoa, what a depressing way to go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment